Tomato Soup Recipe:
Tomato Soup is an easy and simply delicious recipe. It is always good as a starter.Kids also love to have this yummy soup.
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut in small pieces
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1 celery stick, cut into small pieces
- small ginger peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoons of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, adjust to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- Pinch of asafetida
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
How to prepare:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Lightly brown the ginger. Add carrots and celery. Stir fry two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, sugar, and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are mushy.
- Let the tomatoes cool, then pure in blender.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the cumin seed and asafetida. As the cumin seeds crack, add cilantro and stir for a minute.
- Add the tomato pure and water (adjust the water to your taste).
- When the soup boils, turn the heat to low and let it simmer three to four minutes.