Jaggery is unrefined sugar from raw, concentrated sugarcane juice. Many people consume jaggery in their diet. Jaggery is the closest substitute for white sugar and also good for health.
Let us see the benefits of having Jaggery:
- Prevents constipation: Jaggery activates the digestive enzymes in the body, stimulates bowel movements and thus helps prevent and relieve constipation.
- Boosts intestinal health: Jaggery boosts intestinal strength due to its high magnesium content. With every 10 gram of jaggery, we get 16 mg of magnesium, which is 4 percent of the daily requirement of this mineral.
- Blood purifier: One of the most well-known benefits of jaggery is its ability to purify the blood. When consumed on a regular basis and in limited quantity, it cleanses the blood, leaving your body healthy.
- Treat symptoms of cold and flu:
Babies tend to suffer from a cough, cold, bloating and symptoms of flu often. Jaggery is highly effective in treating the symptoms of cold and flu.Mix the unrefined sugar in warm water and give it to you baby through her food.
- Eases menstrual pain: Jaggery, due to its richness in many essential nutrients, is an effective natural treatment for menstrual problems, especially providing relief from cramps. Eat a small piece of jaggery daily to relax your body, thereby preventing premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- Detoxes the liver: Jaggery helps cleanse the liver by flushing out harmful toxins from the body.
- Prevents anaemia: Jaggery is rich in iron which help prevent anaemia by ensuring that a normal level of red blood cells is maintained.
- Cleanses the body: Jaggery is one of the best cleansing agents for the body, removes unwanted particles from the body. It efficiently cleans the lungs, intestines, stomach and food pipe.